Last Modified: August 7, 2020
PART I: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
Your Personal Information
To establish an account or in connection with your use our Website, we may collect the following personal information:
- Full name;
- Shipping address;
- Billing Address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Banking and/or credit card information;
- Order and transaction history;
- IP address;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
- All other information you elect to provide us, whether on our Website or otherwise, including, for example, comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or communicate to us.
- PayPal Canada Co. and related entities, with their privacy statement available at https://www.paypal.com/ca/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full?locale.x=en_CA#PayPal; and
Although we may display their forms on or in connection with our Website, when you provide your payment details on the Website, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor. You acknowledge that our third-party payment processors may have their own agreements which apply to you. While we will not have access to your entire credit card number, we will be able to bill your credit card and may have access to certain card and payment details such as the name on your card, billing address and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
PART II: THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information to third-parties. However, we may use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Website, including shipping products to you;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Verify your contact information (such as your email address);
- Provide user support or to support and improve our Website or products;
- Communicate with you about your account or products we offer;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners and third parties to you. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time;
- Provide to our marketing and communication agencies, and social media specialists who facilitate our marketing efforts and surveys;
- To report fraud to payment processors and relevant authorities, if we suspect any fraudulent credit card or other transactions have occurred on our Website;
- Provide to third party shipping providers and carriers (such as Canada Post, UPS, Purolator and others) to ship products to you;
- Provide to logistics providers, distributors and manufacturers in connection with shipping products to you or to facilitate returns;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer in connection with your use of our Website or products; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We may also use your personal information to aggregate into data analytics reports, such as reports about the use of our Website. When doing so, your name is not associated or referenced within such reports. We may use these reports, which comprise the aggregate personal information data of our users and customers to make various business decisions.
PART III: THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure, if permitted by law.
Sharing Personal Information to Cooperate with Investigations and Law Enforcement
Absent a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement to disclose personal information or content in our possession or control, you agree that we may also share personal information and content you upload or which is associated with your account to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal matter if we reasonably believe doing so is necessary or beneficial in protecting your safety, the safety of any third-party or reporting suspected credit card fraud.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Providers”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website or the delivery of products. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our Website, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information.
- Our email and data hosting providers include:
- Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://policies.google.com; and
- Microsoft Corporation together with their affiliated entitles worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices, please see https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-ca/privacystatement.
- Our Website and online store hosting provider includes Shopify Inc. and its affiliates, including Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc., Shopify Payments (USA) Inc., Shopify (USA) Inc., and Shopify International Limited. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
We may also use the following Third-Party Providers for data analytics in connection with your use of our Website:
- Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide, in order to use Google Analytics. For details, visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/; and
- Facebook Pixel, offered by Facebook, Inc. and their affiliated and related entities, which provides us with analytics and insights on your use of our website. If you are a Facebook user, Facebook Pixel helps us target advertising to you via Facebook, Inc.’s platforms (Facebook and Instagram) based on the various pages you visit on our website. For more information about Facebook Pixel, see https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/facebook-ads-pixel.
We may update the above list of Third-Party Providers from time-to-time as our Website and products continue to evolve. Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information with in locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business or Website is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business or our Website is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY AND GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information we hold about you.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our Website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your internet IP address.
Cookies can be "persistent" or "session" cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use. For details on managing cookies settings using:
- Chrome - https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050;
- Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/delete-cookies-remove-info-websites-stored;
- Safari - https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac; and
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser's official web pages.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.